Re: WARNING: at lib/dma-debug.c:948 check_unmap()

From: Shuah Khan
Date: Mon Oct 15 2012 - 12:06:08 EST

On Mon, 2012-10-15 at 01:02 +0800, Fengguang Wu wrote:
> Hi Shuah,
>
> FYI, your debug commit
>
> commit 224d4b5563b005836628b1c02ebe374684df118f
> Author: Shuah Khan <shuah.khan@xxxxxx>
> Date: Fri Oct 12 15:23:05 2012 +1100
>
> dma-debug: new interfaces to debug dma mapping errors
>
> triggers the below warning. Hopefully you know better than me the real
> issue and relevant developers to CC.

This warning indicates that the driver failed to check dma mapping error
on a buffer returned by dma_map_single() or dma_map_page() call. Looking
at the the area where mapping is done, it appears it does call
dma_mapping_error(). It does allocate several buffers in a loop, so it
not obvious to me why the warning is showing up. I will follow-up on
this to make sure it is not a false alarm, before I get the driver team
involved. Thanks for reporting it.

-- Shuah