Re: [Q] Default SLAB allocator

From: David Rientjes
Date: Sat Oct 13 2012 - 05:51:23 EST

On Thu, 11 Oct 2012, Andi Kleen wrote:

> When did you last test? Our regressions had disappeared a few kernels
> ago.

This was in August when preparing for LinuxCon, I tested netperf TCP_RR on
two 64GB machines (one client, one server), four nodes each, with thread
counts in multiples of the number of cores. SLUB does a comparable job,
but once we have the the number of threads equal to three times the number
of cores, it degrades almost linearly. I'll run it again next week and
get some numbers on 3.6.