Re: asm/kvm_para.h from asm-generic (was: Re: linux-next: triagefor April 19, 2012)

From: Sam Ravnborg
Date: Tue Jun 19 2012 - 14:48:03 EST

> >> I just noticed include/asm-generic/Kbuild.asm already had
> >>
> >> ifneq ($(wildcard $(srctree)/arch/$(SRCARCH)/include/asm/kvm_para.h \
> >>                  $(srctree)/include/asm-$(SRCARCH)/kvm_para.h),)
> >> header-y  += kvm_para.h
> >> endif
> >>
> >> but this doesn't seem to work.
> >>
> >> Kbuild people: which one is correct?

Any use of wildcards in include/asm-generic/Kbuild.asm is bogus.
We should:
1) add explicit header-y for kvm.h + a.out.h to the relevant architectures.
2) add explicit header-y for kvm_para.h for the archictectures that needs this file
3) and drop header-y / dummy file fro the others.

Anything else is just papering over the initial wrong doings.

I actually coded up "header-n" support to explicitly say:
do not include this file for this arch - but looking at the
actual problem being solved this is just bogus so I killed
it off again.

Sam