Re: [patch 00/10] (no)bootmem bits for 3.5

From: Sam Ravnborg
Date: Mon May 07 2012 - 16:41:11 EST

Hi Johannes.

> here are some (no)bootmem fixes and cleanups for 3.5. Most of it is
> unifying allocation behaviour across bootmem and nobootmem when it
> comes to respecting the specified allocation address goal and numa.
>
> But also refactoring the codebases of the two bootmem APIs so that we
> can think about sharing code between them again.

Could you check up on CONFIG_HAVE_ARCH_BOOTMEM use in bootmem.c too?
x86 no longer uses bootmem.c
avr define it - but to n.

So no-one is actually using this anymore.
I have sent patches to remove it from Kconfig for both x86 and avr.

I looked briefly at cleaning up bootmem.c myslef - but I felt not
familiar enough with the code to do the cleanup.

I did not check your patchset - but based on the shortlog you
did not kill HAVE_ARCH_BOOTMEM.

Sam