Re: [patch 03/18] fork: Move thread info gfp flags to header

From: Paul E. McKenney
Date: Mon May 07 2012 - 09:39:28 EST

On Sun, May 06, 2012 at 09:34:01PM -0700, Paul E. McKenney wrote:
> On Sat, May 05, 2012 at 03:05:41PM -0000, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
> > These flags can be useful for extra allocations outside of the core
> > code.
> >
> > Add __GFP_NOTRACE to them, so the archs which have kmemcheck do
> > not have to provide extra allocators just for that reason.
>
> This breaks powerpc builds due to __GFP_NOTRACE not being defined.
> I restarted the test after removing the __GFP_NOTRACE as a testing-only
> hack, and will let you know how it goes. Also looking into why this
> builds on 32-bit x86 but not on powerpc.

And the reason that it built on 32-bit x86 was that I mistakenly
built only the RCU files, not the whole kernel. So I am guessing
that there is something I need to merge into tip/smp/hotplug.

On the other hand, removing the __GFP_NOTRACE allows this patchset to
pass modest rcutorture testing on Power. ;-)

Thanx, Paul