Re: [patch 01/18] fork: Remove the weak insanity

From: Sam Ravnborg
Date: Sat May 05 2012 - 11:58:30 EST

On Sat, May 05, 2012 at 03:05:40PM -0000, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
> We error out when compiling with gcc4.1.[01] as it miscompiles
> __weak. The workaround with magic defines is not longer
> necessary. Make it __weak again.

The cleanup is much appreciated!

But the magic defines is IMO much better than the CONFIG_ based approach
that this patch-set introduces in the last patch.

If you do:

$git grep arch_task_cache_init

Then if you see:

#define arch_task_cache_init arch_task_cache_init

Then you know alrady that this arch will provide a local implementation
of arch_task_cache_init().
No need to grep for an ARCH_XXX symbol that you need to look up
somewhere else.

Sam