Re: [patch] perf: Fix build failure on OpenSuse userspace

From: Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo
Date: Fri May 04 2012 - 11:09:25 EST

Em Fri, May 04, 2012 at 10:44:28AM -0400, Arnaud Lacombe escreveu:
> CC util/parse-events-flex.o
> <stdout>: In function ÃâËyy_get_next_bufferÃââ:
> <stdout>:1510:3: error: comparison between signed and unsigned integer
> expressions [-Werror=sign-compare]
> util/parse-events.l: In function ÃâËparse_events_lexÃââ:
> util/parse-events.l:122:1: error: ignoring return value of
> ÃâËfwriteÃââ, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
> [-Werror=unused-result]
> cc1: all warnings being treated as errors
>
> So I doubt -Wno-unused-parameter will do any good here.
>
> How about my solution, pre-generating the lexer/tokenizer ? It has
> been used without trouble in other place of the tree for years. I
> don't really see the point of micro-managing flex/bison issue here.

This was what we did in the first place:

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git;a=commitdiff;h=89812fc81f8d62d70433a8ff63d26819f372e8ec

Then we asked Linus about it and he said:

https://lkml.org/lkml/2012/3/28/417

So we:

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git;a=commitdiff;h=65f3e56e0c81d1f581c4bdef7646ae5a8d51f494

- Arnaldo