Re: inux-next: Tree for Apr 27 (uml + mm/memcontrol.c)

From: Hiroyuki Kamezawa
Date: Thu May 03 2012 - 19:33:42 EST

On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 8:21 AM, Hiroyuki Kamezawa
<kamezawa.hiroyuki@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 6:57 AM, David Rientjes <rientjes@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Thu, 3 May 2012, David Rientjes wrote:
>> If I add XX:+UseLargePages to the command line to use
>> hugepages it's even larger.

Ah, sorry. I couldn't understand this. Why performance difference gets larger if
usage of anon memory decreases ? I guess overheads are just added to anon page
faults and file cache handling. If you use Hugepage, anon memory overheads will
disappear.

Thanks,
-Kame