Re: Linux Support for Thunderbolt using Apple Monitor

From: Nico Schottelius
Date: Thu May 03 2012 - 14:40:33 EST

Greg,

Greg KH [Thu, May 03, 2012 at 08:35:47AM -0700]:
> [...]
>
> How about if you load the acpiphp module instead? Some BIOSes use that
> instead of pciehp.
>
> You need one of those drivers in order for this to work properly.
>
> Also, speaking of BIOS, make sure you have the latest updates, there
> were a lot of initial problems with Thunderbolt hotplug issues that were
> fixed in newer BIOS versions, so that will be required to be updated.

I'm confused - to which BIOS are you referring to? I understood that
Apple's Mac Book Air has its custom "similar to EFI" (*) code and not a
traditional BIOS in place.

Cheers,

Nico

(*) Which would also be interesting to replace with something like
LinuxBios/Coreboot.

--
PGP key: 7ED9 F7D3 6B10 81D7 0EC5 5C09 D7DC C8E4 3187 7DF0