Re: [patch 2/5] mm + fs: prepare for non-page entries in page cache

From: Rik van Riel
Date: Tue May 01 2012 - 17:15:22 EST

On 05/01/2012 04:24 PM, Andrew Morton wrote:

That's a pretty significant alteration in the meaning of ->nrpages.
Did this not have any other effects?

From what I see (though it's been a long day), ->nrpages
stays the same it is now.

The non-page entries are simply not counted in ->nrpages.

What does truncate do? I assume it invalidates shadow page entries in
the radix tree? And frees the radix-tree nodes?

Indeed, truncate will get rid of the non-page entries
in the radix tree. That is why it needs to be called
even if ->nrpages==0.

--
All rights reversed