Re: [now bisected] Weird bluetooth keyboard regression - just me?

From: Matthew Garrett
Date: Tue May 01 2012 - 14:54:55 EST

On Tue, May 01, 2012 at 12:39:23PM -0600, Jonathan Corbet wrote:
> On Tue, 1 May 2012 19:31:49 +0100
> Matthew Garrett <mjg59@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > > It's Rawhide, updated yesterday. "Removable" says "fixed".
> >
> > Ok, well that's the problem. udev is seeing "fixed" and enabling
> > autosuspend. Is this really bluetooth, or does it appear as a USB HID
> > device? Can you send lsusb -v?
>
> Whether it's really bluetooth has been an issue in the past... parts of
> the system have fought over it.

Ok, so what I'm assuming is happening here is that the device is plugged
into a port that's flagged "removable", but contains a built-in hub and
the receiver is attached to *that*. So this code really needs to look
back up the chain and see whether the parent port was removable or not.
I think the kernel is arguably ok here, and the udev rule needs fixing.
Let me talk to Kay.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59@xxxxxxxxxxxxx