Re: [RFC] TIF_NOTIFY_RESUME, arch/*/*/*signal*.c and all such

From: Mike Frysinger
Date: Tue May 01 2012 - 01:06:04 EST

On Tuesday 01 May 2012 00:31:29 Al Viro wrote:
> blackfin: no loop (== multiple signals handling is fucked); no check either
> ret_from_fork doesn't handle signals, etc., userland or not.
> kernel_execve doesn't handle signals, etc., success or no success
> conclusion: check is probably not needed, multiple pending signals
> are screwed

to be honest, i haven't been following this thread as Blackfin wasn't mentioned
in the initial summary. now it seems we have ;). i tried going back through
this TIF_NOTIFY_RESUME thread but haven't quite got a bead on what needs to be
done.

seems like you're only referring to ret_from_fork here and not the normal
syscall return path ? in the Blackfin case, we don't have a fork(), so we only
have to handle the supervisor mode case (spawning kthreads), so i don't think
we're quite as fucked as you might think :).

what is it you're suggesting we add ? in the past, i found documentation on
the arch TIF_*/notify requirements to be pretty much non-existent. so some
parts of the Blackfin paths are what i found from my eyes bleeding x86 asm
paths, and from single testing some random tests (like strace or gdb). things
seem to run & be debugable, and no one has complained thus far, so we ship it!
-mike