BUG: unable to handle kernel paging request when attaching USB device(Smart Board)

From: Carlos Alberto Lopez Perez
Date: Thu Dec 08 2011 - 01:11:29 EST

Hello,

Each time I attach a smarttech smart board USB device to the laptop I get the following kernel failures:

http://people.igalia.com/clopez/kern.log-oops-smartboard-2.6.39.1-7-custom-686

This is the .config for the kernel I am running:
http://people.igalia.com/clopez/config-2.6.39.1-7-custom-686

After a long search I found a guy with the same problem but with a 2.6.32 kernel:

http://exchange-forum.smarttech.com/forums/t/7866.aspx (select USA)

Anybody can give me some idea of what is happening and could this be solved? What is triggering this error? After this errors the system often gets stuck and is needed to hard reboot it.

Is there any commit related to this since 2.6.39 that could fix this?

Thanks!