Re: Linux 2.6.35.2

From: Sedat Dilek
Date: Sat Aug 14 2010 - 13:27:52 EST

[ CC-ing wylda@xxxxxxxx ]

On Sat, Aug 14, 2010 at 7:14 PM, Linus Torvalds
<torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 14, 2010 at 5:37 AM, Sedat Dilek <sedat.dilek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> root@tbox:~# grep "Aug 14 13:00:5" /var/log/syslog
>> Aug 14 13:00:53 tbox kernel: [ 1084.804086] BUG: scheduling while atomic: bash/3256/0x10000001
>
> Gaah. Locking problem. We really should have let this one simmer in
> -devel a bit longer before rushing it into -stable.
>
> Attached potential patch. Untested, but I forgot about the locking in
> the first version of the patch, and then the "trivial one-liner fix"
> missed the deeper problem.
>
> Greg - please don't use this patch yet. I'll test it. And wait for
> verification that it fixes other peoblems too.
>
> Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â ÂLinus

Just, doing a 2.6.35-git15 kernel build on a system w/ 2.6.35.2 kernel
and revert-patches applied.
5 parallel-make-jobs, open Firefox and quassel IRC client - Pentium-M
1.7G, 1G RAM, 60G HDD.

Looks fine so far (approx. 1.5hrs build-time).

Only to clarify, your new single patch replaces...???

mm: fix missing page table unmap for stack guard page failure case
mm: keep a guard page below a grow-down stack segment

Will report later if new upstream (aka 2.6.36) with revert-patches
works fine, too.

- Sedat -