Re: [GIT PULL] ext4 update for 2.6.36

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Sat Aug 07 2010 - 16:18:45 EST

On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 9:23 PM, Theodore Ts'o <tytso@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Which is hopefully what you want.  If you want exactly what is shown
> below, you can also pull the "next" branch, which omits the merge, and
> then you can deal with the merge conflict by hand.  The results should
> be the same either way.

I did that just to see what it looked like.

One annoyance: I now get

fs/jbd2/transaction.c: In function ‘start_this_handle’:
fs/jbd2/transaction.c:98: warning: unused variable ‘ts’

due to that 'ts' thing only being used for the CONFIG_JBD2_DEBUG case.
Please fix. I'd suggest putting that CONFIG_JBD2_DEBUG code in a
helper function of its own, and declaring 'ts' there instead.
Suggested patch (but with a horrible helper function name) attached.

Linus