Re: [GIT] kbuild: kconfig changes

From: Arve Hjønnevåg
Date: Sat Aug 07 2010 - 00:43:48 EST

On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 9:01 PM, Sam Ravnborg <sam@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> This change prevents some the minimal defconfig options from working.
>> Specifically our usb gadget drivers do not get set.
>
> Can you help me reproduce this?
>
> I have found an issue with choice values in combination with
> tristate logic that fails. I hope this is something similar.

It is probably the same problem. The gadget driver that was not set is
not buildable as a module (it is not in the mainline kernel). If I
select another gadget driver instead it just gets changed to build as
a module instead.

If you create a file, arch/arm/configs/test_defconfig with the following:
CONFIG_MODULES=y
CONFIG_USB_GADGET=y
CONFIG_USB_MASS_STORAGE=y

then "make test_defconfig" results in .config having:
CONFIG_USB_MASS_STORAGE=m

(at least if you are set up to compile for arm)

--
Arve Hjønnevåg