Re: Initcall ordering problem (TTY vs modprobe vs MD5) and cryptomgr problem

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Thu Aug 05 2010 - 22:01:58 EST

On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 6:40 PM, Herbert Xu <herbert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> -config CRYPTO_MANAGER_TESTS
> -       bool "Run algolithms' self-tests"
> -       default y
> -       depends on CRYPTO_MANAGER2
> +config CRYPTO_MANAGER_DISABLE_TESTS
> +       bool "Disable run-time self tests"
> +       depends on CRYPTO_MANAGER2 && EMBEDDED

Why do you still want to force-enable those tests? I was going to
complain about the "default y" anyway, now I'm _really_ complaining,
because you've now made it impossible to disable those tests. Why?

People always think that their magical code is so important. I tell
you up-front that is absolutely is not. Just remove the crap entirely,
please.

Linus