Re: Freebsd image from Qemu hangs on booting in KVM

From: Avi Kivity
Date: Thu Aug 05 2010 - 04:47:01 EST

On 08/05/2010 05:20 AM, Anjali Kulkarni wrote:
Hi,

I have a problem similar to the one seen on this list before - when I boot my freebsd based(but modified) image in Qemu with KVM on CentOS, then after almost booting completely, the image hangs - just before the login prompt is seen. If I do not have KVM ie plain CenOS with Qemu, then this issue does not occur. Has anyone seen this before and any ideas how to debug this?

First step is to issue 'info registers' and 'x/30i $eip-20' from the monitor when it hangs (qemu -monitor stdio makes cut'n'paste easier).