Re: [GIT] Networking

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Wed Aug 04 2010 - 15:07:45 EST

On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 8:38 PM, David Miller <davem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Another release, another merge window, another set of networking
> changes to merge :-)

Ok, merged. But you should double-check my merge resolution fixes,

I'm also a bit unhappy about how it introduces new warnings in very
subtle ways. I started wondering why the hell I suddenly had SCSI
warnings even though I hadn't pulled the SCSI tree yet. It was due to
the dev_printk() changes in commit 99bcf217183e0 (""), which ends up
causing things like

drivers/scsi/constants.c: In function ‘scsi_print_sense’:
drivers/scsi/constants.c:1407: warning: zero-length gnu_printf format string
drivers/scsi/constants.c:1413: warning: zero-length gnu_printf format string
drivers/scsi/constants.c: In function ‘scsi_print_result’:
drivers/scsi/constants.c:1456: warning: zero-length gnu_printf format string

which is a bit annoying. But more annoying was that you must have
known about this, and I'd have been much happier not seeing it as a
new surprise.

Linus