Re: USB card reader trouble

From: Frank Kingswood
Date: Wed Aug 04 2010 - 10:36:53 EST

On 04/08/10 14:40, Andre Majorel wrote:
I'm having trouble reading Compact flash and SD cards on the
same card reader. I'm not absolutely certain but it *seems* that
once a medium of either type has been inserted, it will ignore
the other type.

Wherever the state is kept, it's not in the module. modprobe -r
usb-storage; modprobe usb-storage gives a kernel message about
"compact flash" even though the only medium in the reader is an
SD card.

Are you sure that this card reader supports both types of cards simultaneously? Some/many/most card readers share signals between the connectors to save pins on the IC package.

Frank