Re: [linux-pm] Power management minisummit at Linux PlumbersConference (November 3-5)

From: Matthew Garrett
Date: Tue Aug 03 2010 - 16:34:45 EST

On Tue, Aug 03, 2010 at 03:30:56PM -0500, Mike Turquette wrote:

> That link did not really work for me, but I think I found the right
> place after a few clicks.

Oops! The link should have been
http://www.linuxplumbersconf.org/2010/ocw/events/LPC2010MC/proposals .

> Just FYI, I proposed a discussion on the issues that create such a large
> power gap between a CPUIdle-only system and a system with suspend (with
> the assumption that the lowest C-state can be hit by both).
>
> I don't really want to present a formal lecture on it, but it would be
> nice to discuss with the group what can be done to shrink that gap a
> little in kernel space (badly behaving timers in platform-independent
> code) and in userspace (power-aware timers, coalescing timers, etc).

That sounds great. The idea is to be fairly discussion-oriented, perhaps
with a short presentation to cover the outline of the issue, so this
kind of topic is ideal.

Thanks,
--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59@xxxxxxxxxxxxx