Re: Drives missing at boot

From: Mark Knecht
Date: Tue Aug 03 2010 - 14:47:33 EST

On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 11:41 AM, Randy Dunlap <randy.dunlap@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, 2 Aug 2010 15:07:11 -0700 Mark Knecht wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 5:39 AM, Tejun Heo <tj@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Tejun,
>> Â ÂI'm finally home and trying to get back to this. I'm really a bad
>> programmer so I don't know what I've done wrong but it seems patch
>> isn't happy with me.
>>
>> c2stable linux # patch --dry-run -p1 <../ata_piix-sidpr-lock.patch
>> patching file drivers/ata/ata_piix.c
>> patch: **** malformed patch at line 13:
>
> Whenever the patch file was saved on this system, line 13 of it was
> split (probably by an email client). ÂWhenever I see this, I just
> join (merge) that line and the next one and try again... sometimes
> several lines are malformed and have to be fixed like this.

Randy,
Could very well be what happened. I added line 13 (the printk) by hand

<SNIP - ORIGINAL PATCH FILE>
struct piix_host_priv {
   const int *map;
   u32 saved_iocfg;
+ Â Â Â spinlock_t sidpr_lock; Â/* FIXME: remove once locking in EH is fixed */
    void __iomem *sidpr;
};

<SNIP - MY CHANGE BY HAND>
struct piix_host_priv {
const int *map;
u32 saved_iocfg;
+ spinlock_t sidpr_lock; /* FIXME: remove once locking in EH is fixed */
+ printk("MWK - ata_sidpr patch applied!\n");
void __iomem *sidpr;
};

Maybe I should have just put it on the same line as the previous
spinlock command?

I'll play with it and see if I can get it working.

Thanks,
Mark