Re: Font selection with i915

From: Tomas M.
Date: Wed Jan 20 2010 - 21:33:33 EST

since 2.6.32 you can change the resolution with video=VGA-1:640x480 boot parameter and emulate the old behaviour.

On 01/20/2010 05:39 PM, Alan Stern wrote:
On Wed, 20 Jan 2010, Corbin Simpson wrote:

FYI the legacy non-KMS path (nomodeset) is deprecated in kernel and
was recently dropped from the X driver. You should be able to use
fbset to change the resolution of your fbcon though.
I tried fbset, and it was distinctly unsuccessful. When I ran "fbset
640x480-60", the general appearance of the screen did not change but
all new text got squeezed into the upper-left corner in an unreadable
form.

It's not clear what mode I should specify. The output from "fbset" is
rather unhelpful (I didn't save the exact output but this is close):

mode: "1280x1024-0"
D: 0 MHz H: 0 kHz V: 0 Hz
geometry: 1280 1024 1280 1024 32
timings: -1 0 0 0 0 0 0