[GIT PULL] tracing/syscalls: The next bunch

From: Frederic Weisbecker
Date: Thu Aug 27 2009 - 13:43:50 EST

Ingo,

Here is another bunch of syscalls tracing patches.

- fixes against unwanted kernel threads syscalls tracing
(it's not that we don't want to trace them, but they would
need a specific treatement)

- synchronize s390 with latest changes

- use NR_syscalls which seems to be a better standard to define
the number of syscalls across archs. This unification also have
brought enough common code in arch that we are now ready to
move most of the arch syscalls tracing bits to the core.

Thanks,

Frederic.

The following changes since commit 35dce1a99d010f3d738af4ce1b9b77302fdfe69c:
Ingo Molnar (1):
Merge branch 'tracing/core' of git://git.kernel.org/.../frederic/random-tracing into tracing/core

are available in the git repository at:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/frederic/random-tracing.git
tracing/core

Hendrik Brueckner (3):
tracing: Add syscall tracepoints - s390 arch update
tracing: Check invalid syscall nr while tracing syscalls
tracing: Don't trace kernel thread syscalls

Jason Baron (4):
tracing: Define NR_syscalls for x86 (32)
tracing: Define NR_syscalls for x86_64
tracing: Convert event tracing code to use NR_syscalls
tracing: Remove FTRACE_SYSCALL_MAX definitions

arch/s390/kernel/ftrace.c | 36 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++---------
arch/x86/include/asm/ftrace.h | 7 -------
arch/x86/include/asm/unistd_32.h | 2 ++
arch/x86/include/asm/unistd_64.h | 6 ++++++
arch/x86/kernel/asm-offsets_64.c | 1 +
arch/x86/kernel/ftrace.c | 8 ++++----
kernel/trace/trace_syscalls.c | 28 ++++++++++++++++------------
kernel/tracepoint.c | 4 +++-