Re: BUG: scheduling while atomic

From: Michael Guntsche
Date: Mon Jul 06 2009 - 11:28:23 EST

On Jul 6, 2009, at 10:31, Herbert Xu wrote:

On Mon, Jul 06, 2009 at 03:43:33PM +0800, Herbert Xu wrote:

I think the first backtrace is bogus, this is where the real
problem is. So what see here is that on xmit from the network,
PPP will call pty_write from BH context which eventually leads
to tty_throttle and the sleep.

Here's the stupidest possible fix for this, changing the mutex
to a spin lock. We should also revert the other commit that
tried to fix this, a6540f731d506d9e82444cf0020e716613d4c46c as
those unthrottles are really needed
<snip>

Just to confirm.
I reverted the commit and applied the patch on-top of 2.6.31-rc2.
Up to now I was not able to reproduce the crashes I had before on my setup here.

Kind regards,
Michael