Parsing kernel parameters and escaping "

From: Daniel Mierswa
Date: Sun Jul 05 2009 - 10:04:27 EST

Hi list,
I was wondering why " cannot be escaped when parsing kernel parameters
in kernel/params.c. Given a disk label like 'foo " bar' and passing
something to the kernel command line like real_root=LABEL="foo \" bar"
this would make 'bar' a kernel parameter which is misleading imho. Any
ideas why this path was chosen and how I am supposed to pass such a
parameter that it is considered as one entity?

--
Mierswa, Daniel

If you still don't like it, that's ok: that's why I'm boss. I simply
know better than you do.
--- Linus Torvalds, comp.os.linux.advocacy, 1996/07/22