Re: [Bug Fix]: Do 32-bit table calculations in pre-processor

From: Michael S. Zick
Date: Fri Jul 03 2009 - 14:38:36 EST

On Fri July 3 2009, Andi Kleen wrote:
> "Michael S. Zick" <lkml@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > Here is one I have found useful in my VIA processor bug hunting:
>
> Could you please expand a bit what bug this is supposed to fix?

I make no claims for it at the moment - too early in the test process.
Just the general observation that it takes 0.5M to describe 0.5G of ram.

Also,
the observation that (1<<32) drops the bit off the left end of a 32-bit value.
You can see the result in the portion of the post you snipped out. ;)

Mike