Re: CONFIG_VFAT_FS_DUALNAMES regressions

From: tridge
Date: Fri Jul 03 2009 - 08:25:04 EST

Hi Jan,

> Right. That in itself is fine, but I'd still like to have readdir
> return lowercase names here then.

you are in luck!

It just so happens that this is what happens when we use the patch
that Hirofumi and I just agreed on (ie. the case handling part of my
patch from May, combined with the current patch).

I include it below. Can you please test it? It should be applied on
top of the previous patch. Note that you will not need to specify
shortname=winnt. In fact, if you don't specify any special options and
let the kernel default then you will get the behaviour you just
described.

Hirofumi-san, can you have a look at this too and see if it is how you
want to handle it? I built the patch against your fatfs-2.6 tree.

Cheers, Tridge