good example of a tty driver

From: Kumar Gala
Date: Thu Jul 02 2009 - 12:48:29 EST

Alan,

Can you point me at any good drivers to use as an example of using the tty layer. I'm trying to get an out of tree driver brought up to date for the Avocent ESP-16 MI Serial Hubs (serial over ethernet):

http://www.connectivity.avocent.com/products/network-based/esp_16.asp

Thankfully the have a GPL driver but it was last updated against 2.6.23:

http://www.connectivity.avocent.com/drivers/esp_serial_hubs/dd64e069.asp

However I've never worked on any tty drivers so its a bit black magic at this point. I was hoping that an example would at least get me able to bring the driver up to a point that we can get it into the staging tree.

thanks

- k