Re: X server hung, kernel said "task blocked for >120 secs" (2.6.30)

From: Sanjoy Mahajan
Date: Wed Jul 01 2009 - 13:40:56 EST

[Have been away for 10 days and just saw the message]

> I assume this is a regression? Since 2.6.29?

I never saw it before using 2.6.30 and haven't been able to reproduce
it even running 2.6.30.

So it could be a regression. Or it could be a recurring problem (I had
a few X lockups with earlier kernels) now exposed by a blocked-task
timer (the "INFO: task events/0:9 blocked for more than 120 seconds"
message) -- if that notification code is new in 2.6.30?

-Sanjoy

`Until lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always
glorify the hunters.' --African Proverb