Re: Suspend regression with 2.6.29-rc

From: Rafael J. Wysocki
Date: Tue Feb 24 2009 - 17:56:24 EST

On Tuesday 24 February 2009, Tino Keitel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> with 2.6.28, I have sporadic suspend failures with suspend to RAM on my
> Mac mini core duo (Intel Core Duo, i945 chipset and graphics). I
> traced it down to the DRM driver: without X and DRM unloaded, I had
> more than 200 suspens in a row without any failure.
>
> With 2.6.29-rc6-00029-gf7e603a, even with DRM unloaded the computer
> hangs at suspend time after some attempts. I also tried other
> 2.6.29-rc kernels, and all had unstable suspend behaviour. I can't
> give any further details, as the console is dark and I have no serial
> console. Any hints what I might try except for bisecting?

Well, this most likely is a result of the recent PCI PM core changes, but
it's hard to say which of them exactly is responsible in this particular case.

Please open a bug at bugzilla.kernel.org with a CC to me and put your system
information in there (the output of 'lspci -vv', /proc/iomem, /proc/interrupts,
boot log).

Also please try to reproduce the problem in the minimal configuration
(init=/bin/bash, /proc and /sys mounted manually).

Thanks,
Rafael