Re: New true IDE compact flash driver starting point?

From: Dick Hollenbeck
Date: Thu Jan 08 2009 - 10:20:12 EST

Arnd Bergmann wrote:
On Thursday 08 January 2009, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
On a new ARM9 board with memory mapped interface to a compact flash socket, I need to implement an IDE or ATA driver that will support TRUE IDE mode.

Am using kernel version 2.6.26

What is the best starting point, i.e. example driver in the tree?

You should not need to write a new driver, but rather use the existing
drivers/ata/pata_platform.c driver by registering the MMIO registers
and IRQ number as a platform device.

Arnd <><
Thank you Arnd!

Is there some example code in the tree to do this?

I've done something similar to this for 8250 serial ports, but I am having a difficult time finding out how to do this with pata_platform.c

Thanks,

Dick Hollenbeck