Re: [patch] CFS scheduler, -v7

From: S.ÃaÄlar Onur
Date: Sat Apr 28 2007 - 19:43:13 EST

28 Nis 2007 Cts tarihinde, Ingo Molnar ÅunlarÄ yazmÄÅtÄ:
> * S.ÃaÄlar Onur <caglar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > If you want some more output/info etc. please just say, i have both v6
> > and v7 available.
>
> could you try the auto-renice patch ontop of -v7:
>
> http://people.redhat.com/mingo/cfs-scheduler/sched-cfs-auto-renice.patch
>
> does this make it behave like -v6?

Ingo, please ignore my first report until i found a proper way to reproduce
the slowness cause currently CFS-v7, CFS-v7 + "renice patch", CFS-v7 + renice
+ your private mail suggestions and CFS-v6 + "PI support for futexes patch"
seems works equally (which is a good thing so X renicing seems really not
needed, and there were no regression instead of my daydreams) or im too tired
to understand the differences.

--
S.ÃaÄlar Onur <caglar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
http://cekirdek.pardus.org.tr/~caglar/

Linux is like living in a teepee. No Windows, no Gates and an Apache in house!