Re: [00/17] Large Blocksize Support V3

From: Andrew Morton
Date: Fri Apr 27 2007 - 03:29:22 EST

On Fri, 27 Apr 2007 00:19:49 -0700 (PDT) Christoph Lameter <clameter@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> The page cache handling in the various layers is significantly
> simplified which reduces maintenance cost.

How on earth can the *addition* of variable pagecache size simplify the
existing code?

What cleanups are in this patchset which cannot be made *without* the
addition of variable pagecache size?

> Dave, where are we with the performance tests?

Well yes.

Do note that if the numbers are good, we also need to look at how generally
useful this work is. For example, if it only benefits one particular
arguably-crippled present-generation adapter then that of course weakens the
case.