Re: Linux 2.6.21

From: Mel Gorman
Date: Thu Apr 26 2007 - 17:34:55 EST

On (26/04/07 20:45), Adrian Bunk didst pronounce:
> On Thu, Apr 26, 2007 at 08:37:14PM +0200, Krzysztof Halasa wrote:
> > With KNOWN_PROBLEMS information, sysadmins can decide if they can
> > safely upgrade to .0 or if they have to wait for .123.
>
> Listing regressions like the following will most likely be zero help for
> them when deciding whether to upgrade now or later (and BTW, the latter
> might imply running a kernel with known security issues):
>
> Subject : acpi_pm clocksource loses time on x86-64

On the other hand when I was responsible for a bug, it was a great help
to see this sort of mail. Not only as it reminded I was responsible for a
screw-up but when I sent a fix out, these mails let me know it was being
picked up and ensured it made it to mainline.

--
Mel Gorman
Part-time Phd Student Linux Technology Center