Re: suspend2 merge (was Re: [Suspend2-devel] Re: CFS and suspend2: hang in atomic copy)

From: Olivier Galibert
Date: Wed Apr 25 2007 - 19:34:34 EST

On Wed, Apr 25, 2007 at 11:50:45AM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> .. but if the alternative is a feature that just isn't worth it, and
> likely to not only have its own bugs, but cause bugs elsewhere? (And yes,
> I believe STD is both of those. There's a reason it's called "STD". Go
> to google and type "STD" and press "I'm feeling lucky". Google is God).

If it was correctly designed, it would be possible to change the
hardware or even the kernel through a STD cycle. And that would be
damn interesting on servers.

In any case, if I could trust it, I'd use it when I need to move
servers around and I don't want to lose what is running. Riding power
cuts that way would be nice.

OG.