Re: menuconfig issue (checklist) in 2.6.20.7 & 2.6.21-rc7 ?

From: Sunil Naidu
Date: Wed Apr 25 2007 - 18:52:11 EST

On 4/25/07, Michael Tokarev <mjt@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> [sukhoi@Akula2 linux-2.6.20.7]$ sudo make menuconfig

Don't compile kernel as root.

That was a mistake out of hurry, I never compile as root (sudo).

> HOSTCC scripts/kconfig/lxdialog/checklist.o
> In file included from scripts/kconfig/lxdialog/checklist.c:24:
> scripts/kconfig/lxdialog/dialog.h:32:20: error: curses.h: No such file or directory

And before doing make menuconfig, install ncurses package (both
the library and development files).

Just got the time to look back to the problem. Silly me (not getting
the thought to cross-check), this kernel work is really blowing up my
nights & mind ;-) Thanks to all.

/mjt

~Akula2