Re: suspend2 merge (was Re: [Suspend2-devel] Re: CFS and suspend2:hang in atomic copy)

From: Xavier Bestel
Date: Wed Apr 25 2007 - 05:08:36 EST

On Wed, 2007-04-25 at 18:50 +1000, Nigel Cunningham wrote:
> > (And guess what, it uses APM and suspend is really faster and way more
> > reliable than each kernel implementation I could try).
>
> If you tried Suspend2 and had problems with reliability, please send me
> logs. I'll do all I can to help. (I have to qualify it a bit, because
> I'm not able to fix drivers, but if it's a Suspend2 issue, tell me and
> I'll fix it).

Does suspend2 work with APM ? After much trying, I think now the ACPI
implementation of my laptop (a vintage Compaq Armada 1700) is busted,
only APM works.

AFAIR the problem with suspend2 was that it didn't poweroff some parts
of the laptop (the led of the wifi pcmcia card was on, and the lcd light
was on too), but that was last year. Kernel's suspend kind of worked but
didn't resume (no reaction on button press). As I tried all this last
year, I may have forgotten some things.
Honestly, I like this laptop when it works flawlessly, so I don't see
many reasons to try *susp* again. I'll do it when I'm bored, just not
today.

Thanks,
Xav