Re: cpufreq default governor

From: William Heimbigner
Date: Tue Apr 24 2007 - 08:37:51 EST

On Tue, 24 Apr 2007, Michal Piotrowski wrote:

Hi William,

On 24/04/07, William Heimbigner <icxcnika@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Question: is there some reason that kconfig does not allow for default
governors of conservative/ondemand/powersave?

Performance?

I'm not aware of any reason why one of those governors could not be used
as default.

My hardware doesn't work properly with ondemand governor. I hear
strange noises when frequency is changed.

That doesn't mean it isn't working, though. I here weird noises if the cpu is clocked anywhere from 333MHz to 1GHz (sounds like an RD-D2 beeping noises in ultra high pitch?)

William Heimbigner
icxcnika@xxxxxxxxxx