Re: [git patches] 2.6.x libata updates

From: Rob Landley
Date: Sun Oct 30 2005 - 18:32:09 EST

On Sunday 30 October 2005 16:36, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> > Is this a viable option?
>
> No.
>
> There is no "ordering" in a distributed environment. We have things
> happening in parallel, adn you can't really linearize the patches.
>
> The closest you can get is "git bisect", which does the right thing.
>
> Linus

I know there isn't an absolute or stable ordering, but can't a temporary
ordering be exported?

I was under the impression that the bk->cvs gateway squashed changes into a
sort of order, way back when. Admittedly this order wasn't stable, and new
changes perturbed the whole list. But just for debugging purposes with a
"patch vs last -rc"?

Rob