Re: Design Level Documentation for the Linux kernel (V2.6)

From: Peter Williams
Date: Tue Jun 14 2005 - 20:35:25 EST

Parag Warudkar wrote:
On Tuesday 14 June 2005 20:34, Nick Newcomb wrote:

http://www.softwarerevolution.com/jeneral/open-source-docs.html

Any questions or comments anyone might have are more than welcome. Thanks
for your time and we hope you'll find our services useful.

~ Nick w/ TSRI

From the site : Documentation is best viewed with the most recent versions of
Microsoft Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox (w/ plugin).

Well, both options require the use of Windows

There's an Adobe SVG plugin that works on Linux (at least on FC3).

<http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/magic/svgviewer/linux/3.x/3.01x88/en/adobesvg-3.01x88-linux-i386.tar.gz>

This works fine with a test SVG link at Adobe but after installing it Firefox only displays the above link as source :-(

Before I installed the plug in Firefox displayed the above link OK but couldn't display the SVG stuff. :-(

- most guys around here aren't going to be able to view it. (I would really like to view the docs but couldn't - Firefox displayed plain text and Konqueror displayed the page properly but there were no links on the page as displayed by Konqueror.)

BTW, both Konqueror and Firefox support SVG (not in their stable versions but none the less, bleeding edge versions do give an option to enable SVG support.) So it would be helpful to have a version viewable using Linux browsers.

Yes, it seems that it needs some work.

Peter
--
Peter Williams pwil3058@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx