serial port driver 8250_pci - pci_device_id structure

From: V. ANANDA KRISHNAN
Date: Tue Jun 14 2005 - 16:12:59 EST

Hi All,

In ppc architecture, I am trying to find out the codes that populate
the pci_devic_id structure ( drivers/serial/8250_pci.c file) in the
following init_one function:

static int __devinit
pciserial_init_one(struct pci_dev *dev, const struct pci_device_id *ent)

I have the (pci card) data hard-coded in the following tables of
8250_pci.c file:
static struct pci_device_id serial_pci_tbl[]
static struct pci_board pci_boards[] __devinitdata={...}

Since I could not find the data in the pci_device_id for pci card, I
went thru the drivers/pci/search.c and drivers/pci/pci-driver.c files. I
am not successful in locating those codes that populate the
pci_device_id structure for a given pci card.

Could some one let me know where I go wrong or where I have to look for
the codes?

Thanks,
V. Ananda Krishnan