Re: Attempted summary of "RT patch acceptance" thread

From: Nicolas Pitre
Date: Mon Jun 13 2005 - 20:17:17 EST

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005, Karim Yaghmour wrote:

> Bare in mind that I wasn't even talking about whether or not
> PREEMPT_RT was making it in. I was only talking about the logistics
> of inclusion of any RT extension. Please people, get a grip, we're
> just trying to figure out the best way to do this stuff.

The best way to do this stuff has already been outlined by Ingo himself,
and as far as I know he's still the man leading the show. And no one
objected to his strategy so far.

There is just no rush. It doesn't have to be integrated ASAP, and
actually not before a while, and then certainly not in a disturbing way.
Lots of things have to be cleaned up in the patch, and even in the
current stock kernel for that matter, and Ingo even agreed to that.

So any discussion about merging of PREEMPT_RT into mainline is simply
hand waving at this point. Let it evolve and resume this discussion
when there is actually something being proposed for merging into
mainline.

Nicolas