Re: Attempted summary of "RT patch acceptance" thread

From: Karim Yaghmour
Date: Mon Jun 13 2005 - 18:24:53 EST

Bill Huey (hui) wrote:
> Ignore it. They are misinformed and ignorant about these issues.

Actually, what often happens on the LKML is that there a handfull
who are ready to get flamed, and there's a pack in the back that
would rather get some work done and have others take the heat for
ideas they themselves share. So some may discount Andrea and
Christoph, but I have a hunch there are others out there who
think the same but just don't want to waste time feeding flames.
... after all, the patch isn't up for inclusion just yet ... :|

> Be a leader, not a follower. :)

Oh believe me, leading is not a problem here.

> You're never going to get anything cool done if you are "beat down"
> by easily offended folks that don't understand what you're doing.

Been there done that. This is not about leadership, it's about
equilibrium.

Karim
--
Author, Speaker, Developer, Consultant
Pushing Embedded and Real-Time Linux Systems Beyond the Limits