Re: Add pselect, ppoll system calls.

From: David Woodhouse
Date: Mon Jun 13 2005 - 11:03:57 EST

On Mon, 2005-06-13 at 08:38 -0700, Ulrich Drepper wrote:
> And change it to expect a 64bit value I hope...

64-bit value for which? For seconds? Do we need to support timeouts of
longer than 4 milliard seconds? We can't currently come close to that
anyway -- we're limited to LONG_MAX / HZ seconds, and if the user asks
for more than that then it appears to be silently switched to an
infinite timeout.

> As long as there is a configuration where the timeout value is not
> modified, it doesn't matter. That is the case for select() using a
> personality switch.

I think it would be best to behave likewise for pselect().

--
dwmw2