Re: Add pselect, ppoll system calls.

From: bert hubert
Date: Mon Jun 13 2005 - 04:18:00 EST

On Sun, Jun 12, 2005 at 11:22:56PM -0700, Ulrich Drepper wrote:
> pselect is portable, just not to current and old Linux systems. It's in
> POSIX for a while and the other Unixes have the interface.

Indeed - it has been documented since the days of Stevens at least. All
unixes that matter have it.

>From the application side, I pretty much really want pselect to work. It is
an embarassment to have a broken implementation, if we really think pselect
sucks we should deprecate it in glibc.

So, please, consider merging the patches.. ppoll is something else, I never
heard about it, but pselect is widely known.

Thanks.

--
http://www.PowerDNS.com Open source, database driven DNS Software
http://netherlabs.nl Open and Closed source services