Re: PREEMPT_RT vs ADEOS: the numbers, part 1

From: James R Bruce
Date: Sun Jun 12 2005 - 05:49:03 EST

Ingo, if you could document the right options required for decent performace somewhere it would be quite helpful (maybe in Documentation/rt-preempt?). My first test of Preempt-RT showed unexpectedly high overhead for a fairly benign network load (120 UDP packets/sec), but that was likely the result of leaving some debugging options on.

I'll try to run an updated test in the near future and see if there are still issues. In the meantime I'll be saving your email to make sure I get the config options right.

- Jim