Re: optional delay after partition detection at boot time

From: subbie subbie
Date: Sun Jun 12 2005 - 05:18:20 EST

Willy,

This is for a one-time use option, when the the admin
is having a hard time finding the root partition, let
alone the device NAME to boot the system ... proc is
not even mounted at that point yet.

I can try booting ten times finding the correct scsi
device and partition number, but that's hairy
especially in situations where kernel config and BIOS
settings affect device detection.

This is not for slowing everything down, let's say
just until root is mounted from then on, as you say,
dmesg and the system logs are available.