Re: 2.6: problem with module tainting the kernel

From: li nux
Date: Sun Jun 12 2005 - 04:31:11 EST

Thanks to Randy and everyone who replied.
Yes, I am using SuSE kernel.
On building the module it successfully generates
hello.ko.
Here is the message I get on doing a insmod of
hello.ko:

"Jun 12 14:47:56 myhost kernel: hello: unsupported
module, tainting kernel."

Here is the code

#include <linux/kernel.h>
#include <linux/module.h>