Re: PREEMPT_RT vs ADEOS: the numbers, part 1

From: Karim Yaghmour
Date: Sat Jun 11 2005 - 09:39:54 EST

Ingo Molnar wrote:
> could you send me the .config you used for the PREEMPT_RT tests? Also,
> you used -47-08, which was well prior the current round of performance
> improvements, so you might want to re-run with something like -48-06 or
> better.

Much to our dislike, we only noticed that we forgot to disable the debug
options after posting the results :/ So, in all fairness, we will be
redoing the tests on PREEMPT_RT early next week. In the plethora of things
we wanted to try, it also seems that the "dd" test wasn't exactly as it
was supposed to be. There should've been a "bs=1M" in there; as it
currently is, the dd command doesn't really put any real load. We'll add
this one to our repeats.

I notice there are already suggestions regarding additional types of
tests, and that's good. We'll try to take as many of these as possible.
This is relatively simple given the scripts Kristian has put together.
Nevertheless, it must be understood that we don't have infinite resources.
So in sharing the framework we've developed, we hope others will be
motivated to conduct their own tests.

Karim
--
Author, Speaker, Developer, Consultant
Pushing Embedded and Real-Time Linux Systems Beyond the Limits